Malcolm Goodford Partner

Malcolm Goodford has had a career of twenty-nineyears in the ICT industry. He matriculated from John Bisseker Secondary, where he was the head prefect in 1983. He enrolled for a B.Comm at the UWC and due to ongoing political unrest, decided to leave before completing. He joined Burroughs Computers as a trainee engineer in 1985 and attended a number of developmental programmes over the coming years.

Some of these include:

MDP – Rhodes University East London Campus
Marketing management – Damelin
Management Development – Insead Paris (DEC)
Executive Marketing Management (DEC in association with Harvard in Boston)
Numerous Technical Certifications – CNE, IBM SE to quote a few

Since 1985, Malcolm held numerous senior positions with a number of major companies and worked abroad (Geneva and US) for a short while.
These positions have ranged from technical roles through to senior jobs in sales and marketing. The companies that he was employed by were:

Burroughs Computers, IBM, Computer Alliance, Tecnetics and Microsciences, DEC, Denel Informatics

His responsibilities included over the years included:

•Increasing awareness, developing brand equity and growing market share
•Managing sales teams
•Business development
•Technical support
•Technical consulting
•Service management
•Profitable restructuring of an IT giant
•Group advertising and public relations
•Marketing planning and strategy
•Staff development

Goodford won General DataComm's - International Marketing award (Paris, April 1993), General DataComm's Excellence in Business Development award (San Diego, November 1993), Bay Networks' Rising Star award (Amsterdam, November 1994), amongst others.

Malcolm left full-time employment to start his own business in 1998. The company he formed, MG and Associates is an executive search and niche recruitment and ICT consultancy. Clients include HP, Dell, Cisco, IBM, Sun Microsystems, Unisys and Lenovo amongst others. In 2007, he acquired a 30% stake in Manpower South Africa as the BEE partner. Manpower global is a $22 billion USD per annum company and owns the remaining 70% of the South African subsidiary. (www.manpower.com). He also owns 51% of In-Toto solutions; a joint venture with JSE listed Ellies Holdings. In-Toto Solutions is an energy services company focusing on energy efficiency and renewable energy solutions.

Malcolm has been a non-executive director on the board of Ellies Holdings since 2009.

Some of Malcolm’s strengths could be listed as follows:

•Relationship builder
•Marketing and Sales
•Executive level relationship building
•Deal Closer
•Manager and motivator of people
•Sound financial acumen
•Detailed understanding of ICT
•Presenter and orator
•Entrepreneur